Monday, October 3, 2011

Chocolate Mousse Cake


I bought a new ring mold earlier this month. I've always wanted to use it but never had the chance until now. So of course, I had to go with the mousse!


Isn't it kind of depressing how expensive bakewares are? For example, cake rings. Here in the Philippines, 8" cake rings range from P850-P1,000 - a good 2/3 of my weekly allowance back when I was in college! As if that's not bad enough, there are other 2", 4", 6", 10" cake rings left to buy. I guess I'd be well into my 40's before I stop buying new pans and tools for my kitchen.

I think my love for baking has taught me how to sacrifice. I don't think I've bought myself shoes in the last year. Really. All my money's been going to cream, butter, eggs, pots, pans, cookbooks, etc. But hey, I'm not complaining. Especially when I get to make and eat a chocolate mousse cake like this whenever I want to.
---

As much as I'd like to share the recipe to this with you, I sadly lost the paper I wrote it unto. Yes, yes, I'm hitting myself hard on the head, too. but I do know the cake base is Ina Garten's Beatty's Chocolate Cake recipe. The middle layer is a dark chocolate mousse, and for the top level, I just whipped about 125g of heavy cream with about 2 tablespoons of confectioner's sugar.

No comments:

Post a Comment